Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Getting It Together for the New Year - Make it Yourself

As the New Year approaches super fast
I am trying to get all my crafts ready and more organized
 
I usually have my crochet and knitting together since they both use yarn
but not anymore,
I found that having them separated it helps me keeps my projects in order.
 
So I made my own basic crochet kit
you can add more to it as you learn to make more things
but this will do to start with:
 
Scissors
Yarn
Yarn Needle
and a Crochet Hook
 
 
 
For a basic knitting kit
all you need are:
 
Scissors
Knitting Needles
Yarn Needles
and Yarn
 
 
 
I do like to do Art Journaling also
for which I have a little more than the basic stuff
and of course you can add a lot more than this
 
 
Besides my Journal, I have in my basket:
 
Scissors
glue
water colors
markers
colored pencils
gesso
acrylic paints
chalk
artist tape
and index cards


 
For my basic Embroidery kit
you only need:
 
Needles
I like to keep them in a needle book that I made
pincushion
pins
embroidery floss
and you can also make your own thread bobbins out of milk jugs lol
scissors
embroidery hoop
and fabric
 

 
 
Besides these I also do Traditional and Digital Scrapbooking
 
 For the Traditional Scrapbooking I have
repurposed an entertainment center in my garage,
just like art journaling the materials to use here can be unlimited
but a basic kit would have:
 
Patterned Paper
Cardstock
Scissors
Acid Free Glue stick
Double sided tape
Paper cutter
 
 
And here in my drawers you can see:
 
Punches
Stickers
Brads
Ribbon
for which I made my own ribbon organizer
and different types of embellishments

 
I took me a while to get organized, specially the scrapbooking part or it
but seems like I finally got it done.
 
I just have to set all my crafts in baskets that I can carry along with me :)
 
I hope this helps you and inspire you in some way :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Video about the power of words

This video was sent to me on an email, I love it and I just have to share. Little things that we don't think about and need to be grat...