Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Trying New Techniques

I am so happy I got to do some
art journaling, mixed media valentines card for my daughter :)

I tried a few different techniques here
plus some thing that I just came out with.
I made this with a large index card
I glued some tissue paper on the background
as well as the bunny that I got of the internet
(I don't remember exactly which website as I save images in my computer as I find them)
the bunny was black and white, and I just colored
the inside of the ears, hearts, nose and eyes with regular markers,
the same goes with the little saying on the top right.
Then I decided to experiment with the border
I used a small stamp pad to go around it
to give the edges a little color.
I also used some stencils with acrylic paints
 and used markers
to outline the arrows as son as the paint was dry.
And that's it! easy!
It took me a couple of days to make it,
since I don't have one of those hand dryers
so I let everything dry al natural :)
Hope you like it :)


2 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet card and your daughter must have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Feeling a little guilty because I didn't make any Valentine's Day cards at all!

    ReplyDelete

Inspirational Video about the power of words

This video was sent to me on an email, I love it and I just have to share. Little things that we don't think about and need to be grat...