Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Lesson With Every Experience

Yesterday I learned a lesson... an experience that it has repeated in my life over and over again and I am finally saying to myself... enough is enough.

I work a part time job Monday through Friday but I didn't work yesterday (long story) so I decided to catch up with my house work. I am very dedicated to my family and I cook every night to be able to eat healthy meals for which I needed to start my day by going shopping.

Well, I ended up going shopping for food to three different places, they are all close to each other but still it took a couple of hours to do all that, then I came home and decided to clean the refrigerator to see what leftover did we have and make different meals out of them. So that took me into cooking and might as well since I was there, cook dinner too.

Next thing I know I had to go pick up my daughter from school, help her with homework, science project, etc.

Then my husband gets home criticizes her project, help us get it right (I hate science) lol while I am serving dinner and the whole shebang. After dinner was done, we put everything away, wash dishes, etc. etc.

By now I super tired, sleepy, out of energy. I didn't want to do any of the things that I love to do, not even blogging :( so all I did was lay down on my bed and make an effort to read, but I was in such a bad mood because I didn't have time to do any of the things I like that I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading.

It is my fault for not giving myself time, not even 10 minutes to at least draw or play in my art journal, for not giving myself the attention I needed when I had the opportunity to do so.

Lesson learned... Take time for yourself out of your day, every day for at least 10 minutes to do something you like. (Ideally I will increase this time daily :)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Video about the power of words

This video was sent to me on an email, I love it and I just have to share. Little things that we don't think about and need to be grat...