Friday, June 19, 2015

Sharing My Journey With You :)

When your health is not good, that's when you realize that nothing else matters.
yes, nothing else.
If you don't feel good constantly; You don't have the energy, you don't have the drive to do things, you don't even feel like moving sometimes. Well... that's how I've been feeling for a while.
I don't have the energy to do anything I like to do. I don't even feel like getting up sometimes.
I don't even have the energy or drive to take care of my family. (which is one of the most important things in my life)

But now that I am not feeling good I realized that if you don't feel good and you don't take care of yourself you can not take care of anybody else.
You can not help anybody else.
You can not do anything that you love (unless you force yourself) which is not the ideal situation. That wouldn't be enjoyable either.

So now that I see all this things more clear. I am very aware that I come first.
A concept that I heard over and over again since I was in my 20's
and never paid attention to.
I couldn't understand what they where talking about.
How can you put yourself first?  I used to think...
Well... now I know what they mean.

Take care of yourself: physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.




And that's where my life is heading now.
I still have a lot of passions, dreams and desires in my life.
I still love to create with my hands.
I still want to teach all I know.

But if I don't feel good that creativity is not going to come to me.
I have to learn how to take care of myself
and that's the journey my life is going through right now.

I have IBS and I have to learn what foods I can eat. For years I thought I was "only" lactose intolerant, so I learn to recognized what foods have lactose and avoid them, but even without the lactose I kept on getting sick and sicker and sicker again, in many different ways.



I come to find out that IBS is pretty much intolerance to certain foods containing different kinds of sugars including some fruits, certain carbohydrates, wheat and certain grains and legumes. And since everyone is different I have to learn what foods are good and which ones are not suitable for me.

That's part of my self care right now. I open a different blog called Finding Natural Ways to Overcome IBS to keep track of what I find out about it and what foods I should avoid and what foods I should eat.

The other part of my self care is:

Doing what I like, You see... I have to create, is just me :)
Scrapbooking, Art Jounaling, Mixed Media, Crochet, sketching, etc...
without creating I don't feel complete.



Learning to Meditate since a big part of IBS is the stress.

Learning how to keep a morning routine, starting my day doing things I like have helped me a LOT!

Keeping myself physically fit. I like to challenge myself to do different things, for now is my bike and yoga. I love to dance but I am not that energetic yet, and I also have a list of things I want to try :)

Learning how to grow Spiritually,
I've been writing a Gratitude Journal,
reading a Daily Devotional
and reading books that would help me in this journey.


So why am I telling you all this?
Because even though I started this blog to share my creations in art, crochet, scrapbook, etc.
You'll see more of my personal journey here in this blog also.
What I read, what I do, what I create, and what helps me in my personal journey of self care and self help.



I'll be sharing my journey and my creations here with you :)




3 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I learnt this lesson the hard way some years ago now it is one of my mantras.. look after yourself, no one else will - this is life not a rehearsal. Now I am on a countdown to one hundred (and a telegram from the Queen!) I also add .... if I can't do it now, when can I do it.
    Stay strong and happy.
    X

    ReplyDelete

Inspirational Video about the power of words

This video was sent to me on an email, I love it and I just have to share. Little things that we don't think about and need to be grat...