Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Expressing Feelings through Art

For quite a while now I've been looking inwards and asking myself lots of questions about my life, my future, my path, asking for clarity, joy, and true happiness.

I've been reading personal growth and spiritual books, follow therapists and inspiring people online, to learn more about what is it that I really need. Then I come to realize that I've been in this "chasing my dream future" game for too long, I realized that am not living my present and only life to the fullest.

After praying for clarity and meditating, I come to notice that when I follow my instincts things unfold for me in a mysterious but nice way in life. Following my intuition is a practice that I never had until my father past away. That was one of the last thing he told me: Follow your intuition. So I started getting curios about it since then.

Now that I follow my intuition I am starting to crave other things like being creative, which bring me to write this post and share my journey.  I started taking a class online about healing through art and this is my first art journal page of this healing process. Before I started I asked myself a question:

What hurts inside? 

then... I asked myself another question which is what I am going to journal about,
this question is personal, like
what makes me happy? what am I grateful for? or like mine was:

How do I want to feel?

Then I went about working on my art journal.


I really didn't have anything in mind to start with I just looked at the blank page and asked myself that question:
How do I want to feel?
I started looking at some magazines and things just started showing up for me. 
I didn't glue anything down yet, I just arranged in the page how I liked it and then when I was done cutting things out I moved everything carefully out of my page and did a quick intuitive background. It dried pretty quick so I proceeded to glue things down :)

I feel so much better now :)

Thanks for visiting :)
and this is what's on my workday today :) WOYWW

Clemencia

7 comments:

  1. Art is definitely therapeutic. That's why they say craft supplies are cheaper than therapy. Although I don't think they've been to a craft store lately. LOL
    April #34

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this introducing to you and your life journey.
    And I recognize myself in your willingness to be true yo your
    authentic self and do things that makes you happy. This is what
    my soul hungers after too so I try to listen more and more to
    my intuition as well and stop accepting things that make me feel
    low, hurt or just gives me a feeling that is not ok/bad for me.

    Creativity is great way to expand positiveness in life and open
    up the doors to spiritual awereness.
    Good luck to you!
    Sussie, not participating this week on WOYWW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clemencia. Well done on the art journal page. I think in today's busy world it's easy to get caught up with where we want to be in the future, and what we want to do etc. And as you say lose focus on living our life in the present. Enjoy each new morning and I hope you find happiness every day. Have a lovely week Heather x #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art is an easy way to describe my bungling attempts to create and it brings pleasure and contact with others all around the globe. This group is especially fun and caring. Enjoy your creativity and enjoy sharing it.
    Monica #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clemencia, thanks for sharing your process for your journal page. I like playing around with bits and pieces and seeing where I end up rather than planning in advance too much too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Clemencia, it is indeed about living in the now, not yesterday or tomorrow. Great page. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, couldn’t agree more. Live in the moment, it’s all about the now. I like the speedy intuitive background of your journal page, and it makes me happy that you’re happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

Inspirational Video about the power of words

This video was sent to me on an email, I love it and I just have to share. Little things that we don't think about and need to be grat...